Heater and furnace repair services you can count on this winter.
While heater repair isn’t often the first thing on the minds of central Texans, having a working heater is important to maintaining a home or business comfort when the temperatures start to drop. If you turn your heater on for the first time this heating season and it doesn’t startup, it’s making weird noises or emitting strange smells, or it just isn’t keeping you comfortable like it used to, it’s time to call in the experts for furnace repair.
We service the following heater types:
- Gas furnaces
- Heat pumps
- Propane heaters
The HVAC experts at Elite Austin Heating & Air Conditioning know what it takes to keep Austin families comfortable and cozy all winter long. We specialize in providing quality central heating repair for area homes and businesses in Austin, Bee Cave, Cedar Park, Pflugerville, Lakeway, Rollingwood, Round Rock, Sunset Valley, and West Lake Hills. Our expert team is only a phone call away!
Heater Repair in Austin, TX
There are a number of reasons why heating systems fail or breakdown. If your HVAC heating system is not working properly, then it is most likely an issue with one of these basic heater components:
- Heat Source: The heat source is most commonly a furnace, or heat pump, which uses warm air or water to keep your home warm.
- Heat Distribution System: The heat distribution system moves the warm air, steam, or hot water throughout your home to ensure it warms evenly.
- Thermostat: Your thermostat allows you to control the temperature in your home by regulating the amount of heat that your system distributes through the building.
If you are not a trained and certified HVAC technician, we don’t recommend diagnosing the heating issue yourself. An improper repair can actually lead to even bigger and more costly issues later on down the road. Not to mention, trying to fix your furnace without the knowledge, skills, or tools necessary can be dangerous.
The team of HVAC experts at Elite Austin Heating & Air Conditioning has experience diagnosing and fixing heating system issues from simple fixes to more complex repairs. After scheduling an appointment with Elite, you can expect your HVAC technician to arrive at your home on time and in uniform to diagnose your heating system. After figuring out what is wrong with your furnace, the technician will explain what repairs you need before scheduling repairs. Then, you and your family will be able to enjoy a warm and comfortable home all winter long.
Signs You Need Central Heating Repair
Not sure if your heating system is broken or just needs a good cleaning? Here are some of the top signs that your heater may need repair services:
- Your furnace is emitting abnormal smells. Furnaces can smell like the fuel that they use, especially when you first turn them on for the season. However, these smells often dissipate once the unit has been running for a few minutes. If you notice a strong or abnormal odor like gas or burning after the unit has been running for some time, turn off the heater and call your HVAC technician.
- You have difficulty getting the unit started. If you have to try multiple times to start or restart your heating system, it may need a repair. Difficulty starting the unit can be due to the age of the heater or a breakdown of one of its parts.
- You aren’t able to get or keep your home warm. One of the most common signs that a furnace needs repair is that it isn’t able to get your home to a comfortable warm temperature or it isn’t able to keep your home at the desired temperature. The most common issues that can cause this are faulty thermostats and leaking ductwork.
- The heater is making loud noises. While no furnace is silent, loud or persistent noises can be a sign that your heating system needs repair. If you hear whistling, grinding, squealing, groaning, or other noises outside of typical operation, call an HVAC technician to inspect your system.
- You notice indoor air quality issues. Your central heating system plays an important role in maintaining air quality in your home. A heating system that has been poorly maintained or doesn’t work properly may move dust, dirt, and other particles throughout your home. If you notice dust floating in the air or think that your indoor air quality has been compromised, you may need a furnace repair.
Need Austin furnace repair?
When the winter approaches and temperatures start to drop, you’ll want to make sure that your home or office furnace is working properly to keep everyone comfortable. Contact the team at Elite for quality Austin heater repair you can count on.
Call now or send us a message to get your heater repaired today.
Fill out the form below and our team will reach out shortly!